Unable to Format a Formula number & Display the formula as a column

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem (from my perspective) in using a Formula in Ninox, calculating the final average Grade for one Student, in one Class  :

- I'm unable to force a format on the formula : the result comes in as 13,99999999 whereas I've set the number format to 0.00

- I'm unable to display the Field in the Student table.

The formula is calculating the average of all marks for one students in one specific Class, part of a Group.

let etu := this.Student;
for p in select Group_Members where Students = etu do
avg((select Hand_ins where Class_Group = p.Class_Group).final_grade)
end

Any ideas why ?

Thanks !

P.

3 replies

null
    • Pierre_Laniray
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK, I've found a first solution for my result format : I'm using the round argument : round ((something), 2), to round the number to the nearest integer with 2 digits :

Hence the code is :

round(avg((select Hand_ins where Class_Group = p.Class_Group).final_grade), 2)

Remains my second difficulty : I wanted this average for all Assignements to appear in the Roster_course table, this is a table where I connect each Student to its classes. I thought that was the appropriate table where the Average of the Student for all the Assignements he passed in this Class should appear. But when I click on "display columns", I can select the "Final Grade" formula, but Ninox does not display it.

• Pierre_Laniray
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Still no solution... and no explaination !

I've created a new Table, just to insert a View Table with the relevant information regarding the students of my Maths Class (Id =  7)

Formula is as such :

select roster_class where Cours = 7

I get a Table with the ID of the roster class (which is basically a link between a Student ID and a Class ID) and the final grade.

Great... but I want to add the Student's name, to be able to export and print the results for this Class. I go in and modify the displayed columns... as soon as I add another columnd, the final grade formula column disappears. And once it's gone, there's no way I can display it any more by modifying the displayed columns... I'm really puzzled !

• eugenepatterson1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Do you want to first aggregate and then join? It's going to produce same result as the Students table has (or atleast should have) or you may ask https://www.writemyessayfast.ca for assistance.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 1106Views