Update multiple choice

Hi there. Some help with a trigger needed here, plesae!

In a multiple choice field I have 40+ choices. Is there a way to set a sort of "select all" button without having to click 40+ times? 

Thanks for your help.

G

11 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Do you not see an "all" choice? 

all

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Mconneen,

I think G means to make a button whicht activate all the items in the multiple choice field:

Button with a formula like 'Multiple choice' := [1,2,3,4,5,......39,40] which select all the 40 items.

The above does the trick but is a bit a cumbersome way of doing things. So, I've tried like in the pic below but i get an error like this.(Don't mind the checkbox and other stuff, this is a testing DB)

Any suggestions?2019-04-08_16-47-38

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It looks like the iPhone app does not have the "all" option like the other versions do. @Steven, this is what I came up with...

let mcArray := [1];
    for i in range(2, 4) do
    mcArray := unique(mcArray, i)
    end;
    'Multiple choice' := mcArray

This will select all of the choices in a MC field with 3 choices. Remember that the second number in the range is not inclusive.

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Steven... 

You are SOOOOOO close.   Just drop the concat.. :) 

multipleChoice

Button Mark Them All.. 

markthem

I only looked briefly.. would be nice to dynamically figure out how many values are in the multiple choice field.. 

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Mconneen, Cool! I didn't know that range() could be used outside of the for-loop context.

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

When you consider the state of the current documentation, finding new functionality is like finding Easter eggs. 😁

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@Sean... totally agree about the documentation... range appears to return an array of numbers..  I was going to point you to a niffty posting about array handling.. and when I looked up my notes.. YOU POSTED IT.. :)   LOL.. 

• gsechi_centrostudimlit
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me with that. It seems that this will help other as well. Great! 

The solution posted by Mconneen works just fine.

This is the whole story: a correct answer in both the red-rounded items should imply the whole score in the previous 16 items. The range() function does the job perfectly, as the total score for those items (via a formula which is not visible in the screenhot) is 18. 

Schermata 2019-04-08 alle 18.56.47

I owe you all a beer. Or a free phonologic awareness assessment. You choose. 

;)

• Ninox partner
    • RoSoft_Steven.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Great...🍺🍻

• Mconneen
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Awesome..  +1 on the beer!  LOL.. 

• Sean
    • 5 yrs ago