Home page for users

Trying to decide between Filemaker and Ninox for an application where our company's executives and Board members can log-in to see their individual holdings of our company's shares and similar securities.  They should be able to see a summary by security type as well as a full transaction listing.  That part seems easy.  In Filemaker, I believe I can make a nice landing page where the user can simply navigate by clicking scripted buttons and they won't have to actually navigate Filemaker.  Of course, I'll have to use Filemaker WebDirect, which may have limitations versus Filemaker Pro, and it will have to be hosted, whereas Ninox is already in the cloud.  Is it possible to easily make a similar "landing page" in Ninox so that it looks like a "app", as opposed to having the users navigate Ninox to the correct tables and forms they want to see?  Thanks.

5 replies

null
    • Fred
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there -

There is the opentable function, scroll down to User Interface Automation

https://ninox.com/en/manual/calculations/reference-of-functions-and-language

I can see where you create a table called StartPage, create a Form view that is the only view available. Set it to open first at the DB level.

Then set up your security groups and assign the users to their proper groups.

Then create a table for each group where you would create a dashboard that brings up all the charts, views, etc that people in that group want to see.

Then back on the StartPage table you would create buttons for each group that could be limited to show depending on their group membership and it takes them to the proper group dashboard/table. Then you would hide any tables that others don't need to see and make sure everything opens in full screen.

• tpeterson
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks Fred, will give it a try!

• tpeterson
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Fred, do you happen to know if User Interface Automations is now available for Ninox Server and Cloud (see the language from the manual below)?

User interface automation has been added with Ninox 1.7.0. It’s not yet available for Ninox Server and Cloud.

• Fred
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome to Ninox and their horribly written manual. They are on v3.3.x for the cloud and MacOS app. I have no knowledge of the server edition but I'm guessing it is in line with the cloud version.

I just tried it on the cloud version and was able to create a button that takes me to another table. For some strange reason it has you put the name of the table in double quotes, when no other field does that.

• tpeterson
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I appreciate your help!  Thanks again.

Content aside

• 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 475Views