Ninox procedure to open a selected web page address in a browser

Ninox procedure to open a selected web page address in a browser

I have a dozen-field database of about 1,700 contacts. I would like to  be able to Google-search the internet to see surface (first page) news and information about the contacts.

Using a concatenation of other fields I have assembled the proper web address in a Ninox formula field.

When I put that address into a Ninox URL field I can open the desired site in Safari with just a click on the URL icon. This is the desired goal.

However, I can’t seem to find a way to get the web address from the formula field into the URL field.

questions:

— Is  there a way to have the contents of the web address (concatenated formula) field projected to the URL field?

— Is there a way to have the URL field reach out to get the web address from the web address (concatenated formula) field?

— Is there a single field that can concatenate text and field data and then offer a URL button?

I’m sure that one of these is easily done, but I don’t know how to do it.

I am in my first day of Ninox so pointers to the obvious will be appreciated.

iMac, Mojave

3 replies

null
    • Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Something like this? 

url

For both base path and query path.. an after update trigger like the following might work.  

trigger

• Mconneen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If you want to get really fancy and do a bit of scripting..  You can use the google search API

https://developers.google.com/custom-search/v1/overview

and display the results in an iFrame.. so you would not even have to click the URL to see the top results.... :) 

• Michael_Morris
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks, Mconneen. Trigger after update, let t := this; t.(URL := t.Formula) put me on the right path. My database is working just as I had hoped it would.

Content aside

• 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 1482Views