You can either export an entire database or single tabels. Ninox supports data export to the following file formats:
- .xlsx Microsoft Excel 2007 and later.
- .csv CSV files (coma-separated values) with several output format options.
- .ninox Ninox Database archive format.
Exporting Tables or Data Views
In Ninox you can call the “Data Export” function in two places.
From the database homepage you can export one or multiple tables in raw form – that means the entire table with all fields and values.
Exporting from the data view, means that filters, groupings and additional columns will be exported as well. Thus, you export what you see.
Exporting Tables from the database homepage
Open the database homepage. And then click Database Export. In the next dialog you can choose between CSV and Excel export.
Choose which table you want to export. From the database home page, you can export tables in raw format. That means that the contents of the every field of the table will be copied. Sorting, groupings and computed columns will not be adopted. To insert calculated columns Insert a field into the table with a function instead or use mass data changes to add a field with the desired values.
In order to convert tables in the typical xlsx Microsoft Excel format click on the tab “Excel Export”. Select the tables to be exported.
Exporting from the data view
Exporting a table view gives you more control over the generated data. The export will include any visible column and respect sorting and filtering as well. Thus you can also export calculated data.
If you export from the data view you only export the columns that are visible in the data view. The output file will also contain sorting, filters, grouping and calculated columns. Open the data view of the table to be exported. Click on the tab of the data view and select “Export Data”.
This opens the Export dialog. Here you can also choose between Export CSV Export and Excel.
For export to the Excel format, there are no other options.
CSV Export Options
1. By default, the header is included in the export, select “No” to skip the header.
2. Activate separator definition when you want to output a field with the separator definition at the beginning of the CSV table.
3. This option is only available when you export via the data view. Put ”footer” to Yes to outputting a footer. The footer can display values such as count, first, last, or a list of various values. For number fields are in addition sum, average, minimum or maximum available.
4. Choose as separator:
5. Define how to mark text:
- CRLF is the standard for Windows and Mac OS
- LF is used under UNIX
7. Select the number format or adopt the number format of the field settings.
8. The options "Locale", "ISO 8601", "GMT" and UNIX timestamp" are available for the date format.
9. For the charset “UTF-8 (Unicode) is set by default. There are numerous other options available.
Export Entire Database
You can back up databases as an archive. Ninox uses its proper data archive format (.ninox).
Database archives can be imported with all versions Ninox (iPad, Mac, iPhone, Ninox Pro and Ninox cloud).
On the Ninox Startpage click the Menu button of your database and “save as Archive”.
On the database home page, click the Menu button in the top left and choose “Save As Archive”.